Saturday, April 2, 2011

here's an update

I'm sorry I haven't been doing so well with my updates. As soon as we left Texas my allergies kicked in. I keep telling everyone that I'm allergic to the south even thought I've lived here most of my life. We hit Louisana last Wed and the symptoms started up: sneezing, sniffing, stuffy head, my voice is in and out..(Reid's smiling over that) anyway I don't feel to bad most of the time just miserable and tired and headaches off and on. I've gotten some meds that are masking the symptoms but they want really go away till we leave the south which wont be for about 6 more weeks. So I'll try to hang in there.
We've had good weather with only one evening of rain and mild storms. That was when we were in Ms. Most of the heavy stuff went south of us through the gulf. We waited till Thurs to travel to Gulf Shores since the rain that MS had on Tue was hanging around GS on Wed. While in MS we drove the Challenger up the coast a couple of times. I love riding along the coast and looking at the gulf. We checked out one of our favorite Seafood places called McElroy's while we were there. They had a location on the coast of Biloxi that was destroyed during Katrina but have another location in Oceans Springs which is on the back side of the gulf.
We arrived at Plantation Harbor RV park and got set up on Thur. Tim and Jean have a place here and they arrived a couple weeks ago. We met them for an early supper at The Shrimp Basket that afternoon to get caught up. We last saw them in Ohio in Aug.
We're going to be hanging out here for about a month before getting to TN to see family and Reid's dr visits. We do expect to be busy here with all the wonderful restaurants to check out and friends to visit with. We know of three couples that are heading this that we winter with in TX. Some have been here before and some haven't so we'll check things out with them. I'll keep you informed and updated on what we're doing.

No comments: