Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Happy Birthday to me

It was a very happy birthday.. but then all of them have been. Reid decided to take me to Vegas. We really wanted seafood (we're so missing The Shrimp Basket in Gulf Shores AL) but the place he found was closed on Sunday so we ended up at a buffet. They are fine and usually have a lot of choices but it was Brunch and I usually want either breakfast or lunch but not both so I stuck with the lunch portion.. They always want to service you champange and I don't drink that stuff anytime I sure don't want it for breakfast..

The girls and I are taking it easy this morning. Reid took my car in to town to get the tow thing put on so I took a three mile walk earlier and I guess I'll get a few groceries today.. Gotta figure out what to fix for supper first..

We're going to be leaving here around mid Oct so I'll need to start getting everything organized for the trip. That will keep me busy a few hrs each day.. Most of the stuff that has to be put back in the RV can't be done till closer to time to leave.

I can't believe how quiet the girls are.. one is napping (you can guess which one) and the other is playing with a chew bone. If Reid was here trying to work they would be barking at every sound known to man.

We'll be taking the same route back to TX so I don't expect any special outings other than hitting a couple of our favorite restaurants along the way back.

Our weather is still very warm.. We're getting to the high 90's to 100's still most days but I can still feel the fall in the air.. The heat (it's a dry heat) isn't as stiffling as it was and the evenings are cooling down nicely.






No comments: