Saturday, September 24, 2011

Trying to pace ourselves

We left Pahrump today and drove as far as Kingman, AZ before calling it a day. That's about 165 miles. We didn't want to over do it... It still took about 41/2 hrs to get to the RV park.. We left about 9:15 and needed fuel so we knew we'd be stopping before leaving town to get that.. I was going to be driving till we got over the mountain so I had to be awake and ready for the 30 mile drive.. I had some caffine before we left so I could stay awake LOL. Lady was tucked in the back seat with her blanket.. she didn't care where she was riding as long as she was going.. I had Steph hold her chain while I moved the car and she thought she was staying behind.. That didn't go over real well.. she wanted in the car bad and she wasn't happy till she got in it.
We knew that there was a truck stop in front of the rv park so we stop in there to top of the rig so we wouldn't have to do it in the morning and that took over 30 minutes and then we went inside for lunch at the Iron Skillet and that took over 45 mins so that's why this first day took so long and we only went 165 miles.
We'll be heading to Apache Junction tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this week cause I've never been to this area before.

No comments: